Innovation in Advancing Health Equity Awards Application Submission Information
- Purpose: To recognize companies that advance health equity by addressing inequities where people live, learn, work and play. The award seeks to showcase interventions addressing social determinants of health, such as health care access and literacy, economic stability, education, neighborhood and built environment, and social and community support.
- Eligibility: Open to Business Group members and non- members.
- Non-member applicants MUST meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Is a Fortune 500 company; or
- Is in the top 100 of Forbes America's Largest Private Companies; or
- Has at least 5,000 employees.
- Submission Requirements: Up to 8 pages electronic Word/PDF document. Up to 4 supporting materials/documents are acceptable, maximum of 5 pages per document.
- Submission Questions:
Please be sure to answer all the questions below in your essay submission. 400 word maximum per question.
- To effectively address health equity, health disparities should be identified. What data is collected to identify health disparities? How is this data used to address and reduce those disparities?
- Addressing social determinants of health is essential to promote and advance health equity. Social determinants are the conditions in the environments in which people are born, live, learn, work, play and worship. For which of the following social determinants of health do you have specific interventions? Please describe the initiatives and specify the population(s) that these initiatives are intended to impact.
- Health & Health Care- Access to health care, health literacy
- Economic Stability- Improved food security, financial security, and employment opportunity (including equitable pay)
- Education- Programs to pay for higher learning, language and literacy
- Neighborhood & Built Environment- Improved quality of housing, access to healthy foods, access to transportation
- Social & Community- Promoting social connectedness, social networks & social support
- What strategic partnerships are integral to your approach to health equity (health plans, providers, community-based organizations, other entities)?
- Briefly describe whether and how Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a role in advancing health equity.
- Provide specific results of your health equity initiatives (participation, utilization etc.)
- How are you addressing diversity and inclusion within your organization?
Optional Video Submission:
- Video submission detailing your health equity efforts. If you are selected as a winner, snippets of the video will be shown during the award presentation at Business Health Agenda 2020.
- Video specifications
- High resolution video clips
- Acceptable File Formats- .mp4 or .H264 format with a preferred resolution of 720 x 1280 (minimum of 864 x 486)
Deadline: Submissions due by 5 pm ET January 31, 2020
Award Ceremony: Luncheon during Business Health Agenda, March 26, 2020.
Upload Submissions Here. If you are have difficulty uploading your submission please email your submission and supporting documents to Joneyse Harley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, please contact email@example.com.